Copy/Paste BibTex

It'd be handy to be able to hit Crl+C and Ctrl+P to copy/paste BibTex... Then pasting into WIKIs etc would be easier - it is also a low-level way of integrating with CiteULike etc.

Nice tool, I look forward to future versions with good CiteULike integration...
  • That's an interesting idea. I could see a user pref for specifying the output format of a copy keystroke when items are selected.
  • I'd totally love to see this---- particularly since Bibtex has precisely zero good support for Chicago humanities-style (footnote-only, not author-date) bibliographies. Without a decent Bibtex style for history---and I've looked everywhere--- I'm forced to hand-generate and hand-manage my references and footnotes. Right now this involves a hackish perl script, but that's better than nothing.

Of course, my pipe dream involves a Zotero plug-in that works with OS X text editors (I use Emacs), so that I can have a FOSS replacement for Word and all its tentacles.
  • Of course, my pipe dream involves a Zotero plug-in that works with OS X text editors (I use Emacs), so that I can have a FOSS replacement for Word and all its tentacles.
    You could always use OpenOffice/NeoOffice. There's a Zotero extension coming for it "real soon."
  • slandrum: Zotero has had this "Quick Copy" feature for a while now—make sure you have the latest version (available from zotero.org) and see the Export tab of the Zotero prefs.

You can copy in the specified format by keystroke or drag-and-drop, and you can also set site-specific formats.