The file name becomes .pdf.pdf if imported from Citavi 6.8.0.0.

Hello,
The "Automatically rename attachment files using parent metada" function is chosen. And I import all Citavi files through the way: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/import_from_citavi , but all the *.pdf in Citavi becomes *.pdf.pdf in Zotero Library. I tested that if imports from Endnote there was no such error.
Thanks.
  • As far as I can tell "Automatically rename attachment files using parent metadata" is not triggered after Citavi import. This only happens when PDFs are added to existing Zotero items or metadata is retrieved for a PDF.

If you right click on an attachment of an imported item and select "Rename File from Parent Metadata", does this fix a problem? If that's the case you might be able to sort by attachment column, expand items with attachments, select attachments and use this context-menu option on all imported items to solve your issue.

The question remains where "*.pdf.pdf" comes from in the first place. I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could it be that this is how file names are stored in your Citavi DB?

If you want to try debug this further and are able to re-run Citavi import with debug output enabled we might be able to say more.
  • edited January 3, 2023
    Hello,
    I tested and confirmed that "Automatically rename attachment files using parent metadata" is triggered after Citavi import. And I also confirmed that in the original DB, there is none of "*.pdf.pdf". The files names in Zotero are abviously created by "Automatically rename attachment files using parent metadata". As there several hunderds of pdfs, right of "Rename File from Parent Metadata" does not seem feasible, but this can make their names to be correct. And there is another thing needed to say that Zotero can correctly import the folder structure of Citavi. I want to output the debug ouput, but I need more time please wait for several hours.
    Thanks.
  • edited January 3, 2023
    Sorry. It is very weird that I can't reproduce the problem and this time Zotero did not Rename File from Parent Metadata but just move pdfs to separate folds. It is very weird. But it did do before. I am very confused about this.