Saved advanced search does not respond

Hey,

I have a saved search that remains with a white screen and the message “Loading items” freezing. Unfortunately, I can't use the context menu by right-clicking.

I am using the latest version 6.0.18 on iOS (with two installations on my iMac and MacBook).

I have read the discussions here about similar issues but did not manage to replicate one of the solutions.

Just submitted a report with the ID 1722907348.

Kind regards,

Marcel
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for selecting the search (assuming it doesn't freeze the whole app)?
  • Here is the Debug ID: D1890054382

Just sent the log output.
  • How long have you waited?

Does this still happen if you disable third-party plugins?
  • Before sending the log? Not long. However, other times I kept it running for several hours without any response.

I disabled all Add-ons and re-started Zotero; it crashed.

Then, I deleted the line with the lastViewedFolder in prefs.js (as I read it in another discussion), and started Zotero again; sync was ok, and all Add-ons were disabled.

Chose the saved search tab again, but nothing happens... Waited another five minutes before posting this comment.
  • OK, well, I'm not totally sure why this is happening, but you can delete the search without selecting it by going to Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript, substituting the name of the search in this code, and running it:

var name = "NAME_GOES_HERE";
    var search = (await Zotero.Searches.getAll(1)).filter(x => x.name == name)[0];
    await search.eraseTx();
  • Great, that worked! Thank you very much!