PDF reader optimization suggestions

1. It is recommended to add that after right-clicking on each entry, we can choose to use Zotero's own PDF reader to open or the current system default PDF reader to open
2. ZoteroPDF reader add typewriter function, directly make the added records displayed in the margin of the page. (This is a general PDF reader have the function)

1.建议增加在每个条目右击后,我们可以选择使用Zotero自带的PDF阅读器打开或当前系统默认的PDF阅读器打开
2. ZoteroPDF阅读器增加打字机功能,直接使添加的记录显示在页面的空白处。(这是一般PDF阅读器都有的功能)
  • 1. -> You can do that with the "Open Pdf" plugin:
    https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-open-pdf

Note the warning there explaining why it is not included by default in Zotero:
    Warning
    Modifying PDFs outside of Zotero (e.g., deleting, moving, or rotating pages) may result in inconsistencies with Zotero-created annotations!
    Rotating and deleting individual pages can be done safely from the thumbnails tab of the Zotero PDF reader sidebar. Please consult Zotero's support pages about using an external PDF reader.
    This is also explained in the Zotero documentation:
    If you'd like to keep the Zotero PDF reader as the default but occasionally open a PDF externally, simply right-click on the PDF in Zotero and choose Show File, and then double-click the PDF in your filesystem. (Annotations of course won't show up, and some changes, such as moving or deleting pages, may cause problems with existing annotations in Zotero, which is why we don't expose this option directly. Rotating and deleting individual pages can be done safely from the thumbnails tab of the Zotero PDF reader sidebar.)
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/annotations_in_database#using_an_external_pdf_reader
  • Thank you for your answer, you are really well thought out. Still looking forward to the typewriter feature coming online. Thank you for your hard work.
  • I am glad I could help. I am just an enthusiastic user trying to help when I can :).
    Here are the people doing the hard work.