Out of memory when export with better biblatex

Hi,

I got an alert when exporting library into '.bib' file. The '.bib' file was created but nothing in it. The debug output said "out of memory", but I have 16 GB RAM in my computer and only half of it in use.
There are only 2016 items in my library.
When I try export other library (about 20 items in it), it works.

(5)(+0000000): Translate: Running handler 0 for itemDone

(1)(+0002119): out of memory

(2)(+0000001): Translate: Translation using Better BibTeX failed: out of memory url => D:\note\typora-CPT.literatue\.papers\我的文库.bib downloadAssociatedFiles => true automaticSnapshots => true

(5)(+0000000): Translate: Running handler 0 for error

(5)(+0000001): Translate: Running handler 0 for done

(3)(+0000000): Running unlock callbacks

(3)(+0000001): Alert: 试图导出所选文件出错。

(1)(+0000471): ===>undefined<=== (undefined)

Is it a bug ? Can I fix it or circumvent it。

Debug ID: D584067734
  • Turn off the cache under settings -> export -> misc. Zotero on Windows can only use 3G of memory.
  • It works,Thank you.
  • I am running into the same issue. Both the BetterBibTex and BetterBibLaTeX export fail with an out of memory error.
    I already disabled cache, none of the boxes under export are checked.

The regular Bib(La)TeX export works and results in a 14MB bib file.

Anything else I can try?

[JavaScript Error: "Error: Invalid library ID undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/libraries.js" line: 146}]

[JavaScript Error: "out of memory"]

[JavaScript Error: "out of memory"]

version => 6.0.18, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.18, extensions => Storage Scanner for Zotero (5.0.11, extension), Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.10.0, extension), ZotFile (5.1.2, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.3.SA.6.0.18, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.2.SA.6.0.18, extension), Better BibTex for Zotero (6.7.42, extension)
  • This also happens with background export?
  • edited November 30, 2022
    What are the on-disk sizes of the better-bibtex files (better-bibtex.sqlite, better-bibtex/*.json) after you close Zotero?
  • I just verified "Better BibLaTeX Background export (all other boxes, files, notes etc. unchecked). => works!
    better-bibtex.sqlite: 5MB

The json files (11 .bak and .tmp and better-bibtex@iris-advies.com.json) are all 2kB or less.
  • looks good so far, automatic export works as well. Thank you!
  • Hi all, I have this same issue that I cannot export a large library on windows (works flawlessly on linux). But I cannot find the button to "Turn off the cache under settings -> export -> misc". Can one of you guys please help me? Thanks!
  • Settings - Export - Misc - Enable caching for background exports (uncheck it if it is not already).

I'm working on a change that will take some memory pressure off, but I expect to need a few weeks to get it implemented.
  • Hi there, that is already turned off and I still cannot export the library... Thanks for your prompt feedback!
  • The prompt feedback is that I'm working on it and that I will need a few weeks.

Switching to the Zotero 7 beta will work, but I don't know whether you can back out to Zotero 6.
  • Sorry, misunderstanding. I wanted to thank you for the prompt feedback you had already provided, and not put in additional pressure...
  • Ah I see. Sorry about that. It's been a long day.