[Bug?] Left- and right-click functionality limited (Mac)

edited November 27, 2022
Two problems, one with left- and one with right-click:

1. I have to left-click 3 times on the "Add Item(s) by Identifier" magic wand to open the dialog box. The 3rd click always works. 1 and 2 never work. This behavior is a holdover bug from at least 1-2 Zotero versions ago.

2. The more problematic right-click functionality loss is that related to the tag editor and an external monitor. I cannot get the tag editor right-click context menu to open on the secondary monitor, where I usually keep Zotero. It only opens at a barely visible tiny size on the built-in laptop monitor. This is persistent no matter where the application window is on the external monitor, and no matter how small or large it is, including fullscreen. The behavior persists after reboot.

Zotero 6.0.18
macOS 12.6 (21G115)
  • 1. I have to left-click 3 times on the "Add Item(s) by Identifier" magic wand to open the dialog box. The 3rd click always works. 1 and 2 never work. This behavior is a holdover bug from at least 1-2 Zotero versions ago.
    This certainly isn't a general problem. Can you provide a Report ID? Have you tried disabling any third-party plugins? Does this also only happen with an external monitor?

The other issue has been reported before, but we haven't seen it ourselves. It's possible it will be fixed automatically in the next major version.
  • @dstillman Report ID: 1839107265

Interestingly, I disabled all third-party add-ons, restarted, and then added them back in one by one and the problem never re-emerged.

Curioser and curioser, but either way it seems to be okay for now. I'll post to this thread again if that changes.