Zotero crashing after iOS 16.1.1 update

I updated my iPad to iOS 16.1.1 yesterday. My zotero app v. 1.0.7 is crashing everytime I open it.

Crash report ID: 1525187798
  • We'll investigate, but it's working for me in 16.1.1, so if you're in a rush you can probably just delete the app and reinstall it.
  • @Ofgodber: Actually, before you do so, can you go to the app settings → Debug Output Logging and do Export Database File, and keep a copy of that in case it's necessary for debugging?
  • @Ofgodber in this case you'll have to delete the app and reinstall it. We're waiting for a fix for this issue and it should be ready soon. But until then this is the workaround unfortunately.
  • I have a similar issue where Zotero keeps crashing. I do not think it is related to 16.1.1. It was working fine and started acting up after I did a major cleanup (removing duplicated, emptying the trash) in one of my groups. The crash logs sent are 883123362 and 1303986330.

I am using iPad Pro 6th Gen. 16.1.1.
  • @elgayaro thanks for reporting. You're right, it' not related to the OS at all. There is a fix available by a third party, we're just waiting for them to release it to public. If the app keeps crashing for you immediately after startup, you'll have to delete and reinstall. Sorry about that, it shouldn't be happening soon.