Filter PDF annotations by type

This discussion was created from comments split from: visualized and searchable annotations.
  • It would be really great if you could a) filter by type of annotations (highlight, select area and note). Typically, most of my annotations are highlights but those highlights that I used to follow the text. However, it is the selected areas and notes that I used for distilling and want to look at when I start writing. So, it would be great if you could just filter those two types of annotations and leave out the highlights which are not relevant when writing.

Right now the only way the filter them is by the color you use. I tried assign tags to select area annotation but did not find a way to sort them WITHIN a document. I can sort them only in the entire data base which is less useful.
  • This is planned.
  • Great thanks. Any prediction when it might be implemented?
  • edited June 27, 2023
    I'd also find it very useful to filter annotations by type.

Also, I notice that the current implementation of filter by colour applies to both the left sidebar annotations list and the annotations superimposed on the pdf in the centre pane. It might be useful to be able to uncouple the filter. For example I can envisage it being useful to filter the sidebar list to only show text annotations, whilst all annotation types remain superimposed on the pdf in the centre pane.