zotero disappeared in Word

Hello. Zotero's disappeared form my Word Toolbar and from under the insert reference tab. I've tried updating Zotero, reinstalling Zotero Connector, and have been through the options in the Trobuleshooting and OS specific-guides (going to Microsoft Trust Centre etc) and nothing has worked... any ideas?
  • Hello,
    As you may be alluding to, Zotero appears in the general toolbar of Microsoft Word between View and Help, not under an "insert reference" tab.
    If you can't see it there, go to:
    File>Options>Add-ins; is it still listed as "Active Application Add-ins"?
  • Thnks for quick reply. It's listed as an *inactive* add-in, but clickin gon it doens't give me the option to make it active. Normally Zotero comes up on the Toolbar (between View and Help) when I have it open, but I also get the option to insert a reference using Zotero under the references (or insert reference) tab. Now, I get neither....
  • but I also get the option to insert a reference using Zotero under the references (or insert reference) tab
    No, you're misremembering this. Zotero options have never appeared anywhere else in the ribbon other than the Zotero tab.
    It's listed as an *inactive* add-in, but clickin gon it doens't give me the option to make it active.
    What do you mean by this? Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here?
  • "It's listed as an *inactive* add-in, but clickin gon it doens't give me the option to make it active."

At the "Manage" drop-down menu at the bottom of the Add-ins menu of Microsoft Word, if you select "Template" from that dropdown, then "Go..." next to it, can you enable "Zotero.dotm" as one of the "Global template and add-ins"?
  • Thank to you both. Zotero is now back in the toolbar! Not sure quite what steps did it as it didn't happen immediately, but I think it was the managing Add-ins step. At first it told me it didn't recognise Zotero.dotm when I tried to add it, but some time after that Zotero reappeared in my toolbar and it's now listed under the Active Add-ins!
  • I'm happy to hear it's working, Laura!