Search results disappear

Hi there,

I encounter sometimes an issue with the search in 5.0.97-beta.33+fdcd4e51c.

1. I type keywords in the search line (not in the advanced search window).
2. A get the items.
3. I open one item in the built-in pdf reader.
4. I read it.
5. I go back to the library where I expect to see my search results, but they are gone. The search line is empty, and I see all items, as before I searched.

• edited July 16, 2021
    Unless this happens simply from opening the PDF and closing the tab immediately, we'd need the exact steps to reproduce, including exactly what you're doing in the PDF tab.

A Debug ID for reproducing it would also be helpful.
  • I encounter this if I highlight the document. I haven't tested other edits. It would be great if highlighting didn't clear the search results.
  • @JimHokanson Just creating a highlight doesn't seem to clear search results. Could you give exact steps what are you doing?
  • @martynas_b For me it is that simple ... Here's a video demonstrating it:
    https://mcw.box.com/s/mco5gsripd28l4ntlavwukc3td9bnbwh

The video shows me doing a search, getting some results, opening one of those, and then when I highlight some refresh occurs on the main screen and I lose the search results. Note in the video I am trying to show the size of the scroll bar as one indicator of how many entries are showing up from the search vs. showing up after highlighting in the document.
  • Wondering if this has been confirmed as a bug or not? Happy to try to provide more info. Would love to see this be fixed!
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for it? We still can't reproduce this.
  • searched for articles with my last name name, opened a file "Predicting outcomes ..." - highlighted a bit of text on page 439, then went back to the main window where my search result was in the process of disappearing. ID: D313222159
  • Thanks — this is now fixed in the latest Zotero beta, and the fix will be included in Zotero 6.0.19.