Vancouver bibliography aligning to the right

I had a student come by with this problem.

When inserting his bibliography in the Vancouver style, Zotero is aligning it to the right. Highlighting the bibliography and selecting left alignment in the document does nothing to fix this. We tried deleting the bibliography and inserting it after a page break instead. Didn't help. The rest of his paper is justified alignment. Any ideas on what might be awry?
  • how is that bibliography inserted? Using the word processor add-on or some other way?
  • It was inserted using the Zotero Word Processor add-on, yes. (Zotero --> insert bibliography).

The student is using a Mac.
  • Hi, I am also experiencing this or something similar. For me, the number is right aligned, then on the next line the citation is left aligned. Then the next number is right, the next citation left, etc. Would love to fix it.
  • That's happening with the word processor add-on? It's a known issue with copy&paste that's not going to be an easy fix, but I don't think we've seen this with the Word add-on.
  • Hmm, let me think.
    Copy and paste, yes.
    Drag into a word doc, also yes.
    But no, no alignment problem with the Word add-on.
  • yeah, you get slightly better results with merge formatting, but the only options to getting the right format are Word add-on or saving to RTF and opening in Word, I'm afraid.
  • Thanks for the info