unable to sync to nut cloud

报告ID:667844617
The server could not be verified while synchronizing.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIIOService.newURI]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 205}]
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a verification attempt that fails?
  • I don't know where is file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js"
  • Don't worry about that. We need a Debug ID in order to help you.
  • Debug ID is wangxinrou21@163.com which is the same as my report ID. My nut cloud ID is 1287609466@qq.com.
  • No, I'm asking for a Debug ID. Follow the link for instructions.
  • No, that's a Report ID, not a Debug ID. Please follow my link and read the instructions.
  • Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIIOService.newURI]
  • Sorry, we can't help you if you don't provide a Debug ID.
  • D811686023
  • Are you using Chinese characters in your password?
  • Basically, there's something in the URL that Zotero thinks is invalid, and we've only seen this from Chinese users (and maybe only with Nut Cloud). Is there some part of the username, password, or URL here that's using Chinese characters, or anything other than regular alphanumeric characters (abcd…1234…)?
  • (Or you may have just inserted a Chinese character into the password field by mistake.)
  • My zotero' password include @.
  • Nut Cloud password only have alphanumeric characters .
  • edited October 17, 2022
    Yeah, it's not about your Zotero password — just your Nut Cloud username and password.

If your Nut Cloud username includes @, that might cause problems, but in theory Zotero should be handling that properly. Does a @ or any other special character appear anywhere else in the URL path?
  • Does this still happen if you disable all your third-party plugins?
  • Do you mean nut cloud disable all third-party plugins?
    I mean does it happen if you disable third-party plugins in Zotero.
    Basically, this is the code that's triggering the error:

var url = 'example.com/webdav/zotero/';
    var username = 'foo@example.com';
    var password = '1234';
    url = 'https://';
    + encodeURIComponent(username) + ':' + encodeURIComponent(password) + '@'
    + url
    + (url.endsWith('/') ? '' : '/');
    Services.io.newURI(url, null, null).spec

If you still get the error with all plugins disabled, you can try pasting this into Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript and replacing the url, username, and password values in the first three lines with the actual values, and then running it. If it works, you should see a formatted URL, with the @ correctly replaced with %40 and a period replaced with %2E. If not, you'll get the NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI error. (Don't paste the URL here if it works, since it will contain your password.)
  • I disable all third-party plugins, but it also has error.
  • It also don't work. Both two methods.
  • I’m not sure what you mean by that. If you’re saying you get an error with the code above, experiment with it until you figure out what exactly is causing the error in the values you’re entering.
  • [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIIOService.newURI]" nsresult: "0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/runJS.js line 23 > eval :: :: line 8" data: no]
  • Yes, but see what I said above.
  • @Mocun: The point here would be to experiment with those first three lines to figure out what part of your URL, username, or password causes the error to occur. (I'm assuming you don't get the error if you just paste in the exact above without putting in your own URL, username, and password. You certainly shouldn't get an error with the exact code above.)
  • @dstillman, I'm encountered with the same promblem when using nut cloud for sync my files. I tried to disable all the third party plugins but unfortunately it didn't work. and then I paste the code in tools-developer-run java script, and changed the 3 lines as you said. After that I got following information in the result block "https://myacount@qq.com:mypassword@dav.jianguoyun.com/dav/zotero/" in which '@' in my acount transformed to %40 and '.' in my acount changed to %2E. It still confuse me what triggered the error.