Search function yields erroneous results

Hello,

I’ve set up a saved search according to the following rule:

"tag does not contain A" + "tag does not contain B" + ... (match all)

but Zotero, for some reason, returns about 200 results which are erroneous. Those results are attachments, and get returned even if "include parent and child items" is not selected, and even if I add a search criteria with "item type is not attachment". Other attachments not containing any of those tags do not get returned, and I can’t see any logic here.

Here’s a screenshot of the saved search + results: https://imgur.com/W5SMJhu

Is this a bug?
  • Additional information: those ~200 results also appear erroneously in other saved searches where they shouldn’t be.

This wasn’t the case a few days ago. Either something happened with my library, or some recent update introduced a bug in the search function?
  • Can someone help please? I’m worried there seems to be something wrong with my Zotero database here.
  • It's a bug in the current version. As a temporary workaround, you might be able to add [Item Type] [is not] [Annotation].
  • Thanks for the reply @dstillman. I’m so relieved it’s "only" a bug, I thought my database was corrupted!

I can confirm the temporary fix works.

Thank you.
  • This should now be fixed in the latest Zotero beta, and the fix will be included in 6.0.16.