References from web library not syncing with desktop library

I put some new references into my web library yesterday, and they're showing up fine. When I click on them, they behave exactly as expected, opening up the bibliographic details with a single click, and the online version of the files with a double click.

But when I go to my desktop library, the references are not synced into there, even after I press the green "Sync with zotero.org" button

Sync does work the other way, however: when I put a new reference into my desktop, it will sync with the web library.

Am I doing something wrong? I have the desktop application installed on my home PC, but would like to be able to update the web library to sync with my home application while I am at work, where I use the web library.
  • Thanks Dstillman! I had fallen at the first hurdle. I had already checked the help page, but went through it again following your response. I found that I'd been searching in "all references" (after importing everything from Mendeley, this subcollection was created) rather than in "My Library", the parent collection. I've now re-organised my subcollection structure to avoid this problem. Really appreciate your help with this, thank you.