Problems installing new Word Plug-in

I've upgraded to Zotero 2.0b7.1 but can't get it to integrate with Word 2000.
I have followed the manual installationm instructions, and the Zotero.dot file in the Word start-up directory appears to be the latest one, yet when I try to insert a citation into a new or existing Word document, I get the message that "the word processor plugin (1.0b4) is incompatible with the currently installed version of the Zotero Firefox extention (2.0b7.1). This is despite me uninstalling and reinstalling Zotero. When I try to reinstall Word components (in the add-ins options in Firefox) i can click the button, but nothing seems to happen.
  • loringb, are you using a non-English version of Word? If so, would you mind trying our trunk plug-in? You'll need to revert to the 3.0a3 version of the plug-in when it becomes available.
  • No luck I'm afraid - this time an error message comes up after installing trunk plug-in and restarting Firefox "Zotero Word Intergration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure Word is closed and restart Firefox". (Word and Outlook and all other applications were not running when this happened). Same message pops up each time I restart Firefox, and when I try to "reinstall word integration components" from the plug-in menu.
  • Sorry, and yes, it is an english language version of Word.
  • Can you provide a report ID?

Although from looking at the error history, all that seems to appear are error messages related to syncing?

I still get the same error message when I try to reinstall word integration.

Thanks for your help!
  • Can you trigger the error by reinstalling in Preferences and then generate another report ID? I don't see a relevant error either, but there should definitely be one.
  • edited September 22, 2009
    loringb, that's more useful. I just made a change that may or may not fix this for you. Try clicking "Find Updates" in Tools->Add-ons in Firefox to update the plug-in. If this doesn't work, can you go to Tools->Options->File Locations in Word and post what the location next to "Startup" is? If you click the entry, and then click "Modify", you should be able to copy and paste it.
  • Brilliant - it was in an odd spot. I changed the startup location for word to the standard directtory, and now it all works fine!! Thanks for your help!
  • I had the same problem, "the word processor plugin (1.0b4) is incompatible with the currently installed version of the Zotero Firefox extention (2.0b7.1), so installed the firefox extension OpenOffice Integration 3.0a2 problems, but now Firefox freezes on start-up (ive restarted computer and same)

The Error Report just says this

C:\DOCUME~1\Enrique\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf776.dir00\firefox.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Enrique\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf776.dir00\appcompat.txt

I dont know what any of it means. i dont know what else to do, have looked at the forums, and didnt find how to post a new comment.

please help, would be greatly appreaciated, am an computer illiterate History student, with imporant notes on my zotero!!