Feature request: Multiple Zotero windows on Windows

I would like to be able to have multiple Zotero windows open. Right now (V6) I can double-click to open notes in separate windows, but not other items. In particular I want to simultaneously have my library open and have a PDF open, in separate windows.
  • Right-click on an item and choose "Open PDF in New Window", or Shift-double-click on the item. You can also right-click on a tab and choose Move to New Window.
  • thanks for that, @dstillman !!
    What I am seeing, 2nd window does not have meta info or notes showing on the right. Am I missing some way to open that?
    Looks like I can add annotations & notes for about them, but not see other child notes for PDF.
  • Correct — the standalone PDF window doesn’t currently have the right-hand pane.
  • Ok. That is on *my* wishlist :)
    But very helpful to be able to at least be reading/annotating and see the library list.

How about "redocking" it to main window? Is there a way to do that, or need to "show in library" & then re-open?
  • Yes, currently you would have to reopen, but we'll try to add redocking in a future version.
  • Thanks for bringing this up.

I would also advocate for the option to see the right-hand pane in floating windows of PDFs so that I do not need to retrieve the respective file in the main window if I want to add a tag or update the metadata.