Zotero not working in Google Docs

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero in Google Docs not opening.
  • edited September 16, 2022
    Unfortunately, I cannot use Zotero in Google Docs anymore.
    This is what shows up in the "Advanced" tab of the Zotero Connector's settings:

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '163')
    at Object.injectScripts (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:327:45)
    at chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:266:36"]

Can someone help with this?
    Thanks all!

N.B.: I should mention that the issue is isolated to Google Docs because I can save papers in Zotero Desktop when I browse.
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — it's much more confusing to try to debug different people's issues in one thread. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Can you provide a Report ID? Have you tried disabling all other extensions and reloading Google Docs?
  • Hi dstillman,
    apologies for the confusion.

I do not have a Report ID.
    I am using: Windows 10; Google Chrome version 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit); Zotero Connector version 5.0.97.

Even if I disable all other extensions, restart my browser, and reload Google Docs, I cannot resolve the problem and use Zotero.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open Zotero Desktop.
    2. Open a new Google Doc file.
    3. In the Google Doc, click on the Zotero tab (or the "Z" icon in the taskbar).

At step three, no drop-down menu (or pop-up search bar) appears at all.

I hope this information helps.
    Thanks.
  • edited September 16, 2022
    You can always provide a Report ID. See the linked instructions for providing a Report ID from the Zotero Connector.

After providing that, you should try in a new Chrome profile, as we told the person in the other thread.
  • Hi,
    The issue was resolved after updating Google Chrome, as suggested by viv_zhong at: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/417410#Comment_417410.
    I also had to (1) clear the browser's data and (2) uninstall and re-install Zotero Connector after the update.
    I hope this helps.
    Thanks all for your help!