Zotero on different chrome profiles in the same computer

Hello! I am trying to use zotero on multiple profiles of my google chrome browser. They are all connected to the same account in the desktop version. However, I don't see the 'save to zotero' option in 2 out of the 3 profiles.

All the extension says under it is:
Zotero Connector
This can read and change site data
Options
Remove from chrome
Manage extension

How could this be resolved?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by that — it sounds like you're looking at the save button.

But if you're not able to save, see Troubleshooting Problems Saving to Zotero.
  • Thank you. I did check this out earlier, and unfortunately I couldn't solve it through the suggestions
  • 1) It's still not clear to me what the actual problem you're experiencing is. You need to actually tell us.

2) If you're having trouble saving, you need to follow those steps to the end. You haven't done so.
  • The problem I am facing, as described in the first comment, is that I cannot see the 'Save to zotero' option on all my google chrome profiles. I have 3 profiles on chrome, all connected to the same zotero desktop version in my laptop. Out of the three profiles, the 'save to zotero' option only appears on one. for the other two, I see the following list:

Zotero Connector
    This can read and change site data
    Options
    Remove from chrome
    Manage extension

I would like to know how I can get the 'save to zotero' option in the other two profiles as well.

Here is a sample URL: https://9202560.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/9202560/Fluctuo_ESMI_Q2_2022.pdf?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=225841457&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_MJnMuJ3soMSlwEOxGVS6Nb9tclsEvcAzhrwjqKqL7g3nT1U_9nVL2vaIST5qFHE6R61QZp9PY4s6XPxhzBYIxx5Tc4byY9Yfbe9o83e--hscjFzg&utm_content=225841457&utm_source=hs_email

The Debug ID is D2091854557

Thanks.
  • edited September 15, 2022
    Right, but as I said, I don't know what you mean by that. The button itself is the "Save to Zotero" button, and it sounds like you're seeing that. So what happens when you just left-click on it to save, which is the default way to use the Zotero Connector?

It sounds like you're perhaps not seeing the "Save to Zotero" submenu/option when you right-click on the save button, and that could indicate a problem, but that's not where we'd start with debugging. The first question is just what happens if you left-click the toolbar button as usual.

And you still didn't provide all the requested information. That Debug ID isn't for reloading the page and trying to save, you didn't tell us what it says in the popup when you try to save, and you didn't tell us what translator is being used. All of which makes me think you didn't actually follow all the steps on the page, so please be sure you've done all of that before replying.
  • I’d rather find a work around on my own rather than going through this complicated procedure and unpleasant conversation. Thanks for your time.
  • I mean, I'm trying to help you, but we have a very clear document outlining the exact information we need, and you're not providing it, so we just literally have no way of helping you.
  • @iraktaria - I have just tried to hook up a second Chrome profile to my single stand-alone Zotero program on my laptop. At first it seemed like it wasn't working on the second Chrome profile, because the Zotero Connector button in the Chrome Extension ribbon was just a "Z", instead of an icon that changed based on the website I was on, like it usually does (on my first Chrome profile). But then I clicked on the Z button, and it asked me to confirm, and then it started acting like normal, on this second Chrome profile. Hopefully you can get it to work! The only other thing I can think is that maybe your other Chrome profiles have some firewall, or other permissions limitations that are interfering with what the Connector can do? Good luck!