WebDAV Issue: Peer reports incompatible or unsupported protocol version.

I'm having trouble connecting to my WebDAV server for file sync. This was initially working properly, but recently my files stopped syncing and server verification fails, despite no known configuration changes on either my server or client side.

The error I get when attempting to verify the server is:
Peer reports incompatible or unsupported protocol version. Error code: SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ALERT

The server uses a certificate from Let's Encrypt, and seems to pass the test suggested on the incomplete_cert_chain issue page (although I could be missing something):
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=webdav.willsides.me&hideResults=on

Here's the debug ID for an attempt to verify the server:
D1288250116

It's bothering me because it used to work - meaning the server was set up correctly. The certificates aren't expired, and I haven't made any configuration changes. Can anybody offer advice what to check?
  • The server is limited to TLS 1.3, and Zotero is currently based on an older version of Firefox that didn't support TLS 1.3. Zotero 7 will be based on a current Firefox that supports it, but for now you'd have to re-enable TLS 1.2 support.
  • Ah, perfect, that fixed it, really appreciate the help!!

In case anyone finds this in the future who happens to be running their webDAV server on Synology DSM like myself, it's simple to enable TLS 1.2: Control Panel -> Security -> Advanced -> TLS/SSL Profile to "Intermediate Compatibility".

Apparently the update to DSM 7.0 removed TLS 1.2 from the "Modern Compatibility" profile