search in Feeds

Hi,
when searching in Zotero, each RSS feed is on the same level as a Library. I think it would be more useful to make the whole feed folder on the same level as a Library. That way, it would for example be interesting to do a saved search on the whole feed folder for some keywords in several journals of interest, instead of searching on each journal separately, which is tedious if you follow a lot of journals. What do you think ?

Tim
  • Yes, it would be nice to search across multiple feeds at once. This is the very feature I'm missing in Zotero. How difficult this feature to implement?
  • Absolutely agree. A similar feature that was previously implemented by the Yahoo Pipes.

Currently, without graphical abstracts, it is very difficult to read all feeds.
  • Absolutely agree
  • +1 for the improvement suggestion
  • Dear Zotero developers, hope you could consider implementing this feature. It would be useful especially in combination with saved search feature, so it will be possible to filter new papers on your topic from several sources. Thank you
  • Same here. My porblem is that I need to click on every feed to search through its content. So the main question is: Why is there no global search? A further question is: why is there no possibility to click on "Feeds" and and search within only feeds? Best regards and thanks for one of the best tools! Tom
  • +1 for this. Came here to make this feature request.
  • I have just started using feeds today, as I continue to discover new features of Zotero. I have added 6 of the main journals that are interesting for my research. Then I have tried to click on "Feeds" in the same way as I would click on "My Library". But it did not work.
    I would like to search through all journals feeds some typical keywords for my research, so that the most interesting articles can be found very quickly. Being able to see all the feeds together in the "Feeds" folder would be very nice, instead of having to explore each journal's feed individually.
  • please please I need this feature as well
  • +1 to stay up to date with various academic journals I read, using saved search as tibr mentioned on the first post.

(Though alternatives exist with services such as feedbro ; feedly ; inoreader... but it is not quite the same and more tedious I would say)
  • +1
    It would be very useful to save search within all feeds at once !
    (And to be able to organise feeds in different subfolder)