iOS: Sync issue when same PDF is opened twice

I've experienced a strange issue that happens (although not all the time) when the same PDF is opened twice in the iOS app. It's difficult to describe, but it feels like annotations sometimes are not synced correctly. It's as if some race condition occurs and one instance of the opened PDF is overriding newly created/edited annotations in the other instance.

I managed to capture some of this behavior:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vsgJE0pwpiWIa0jk0sOJvvho5rQQ7j7W/view

In this video, there is an existing green highlight. I then performed the following:

1. In the right instance, select the annotation and change the highlight to yellow. Upon dismissing the dialog, the highlight in the right instance is now yellow. Note that the annotation in the left instance is still green (I don't expect this to update instantly).

2. In the right instance, selecting the annotation immediately turns it back to green. I then change it to yellow again and dismiss the dialog.

3. In the right instance, selecting the annotation immediately turns it back to green again before the dialog appears. However, notice this time that in the dialog the selected color is now yellow. After dismissing the dialog, the highlighted region is still green.

4. In the right instance, select the annotation and change it to yellow. After dismissing the dialog, the highlighted region becomes yellow. However, after a second or so the highlighted region turns green again.

I feel like this also sometimes happens with adding text to annotations. For example, after adding text to a highlight, selecting the annotation again reveals that the text was not actually saved.
  • I later experienced a crash (debug ID 1455811777). However, I'm not sure if that is related to this issue or not.