Switch Document Processor, but still saying it was created with a different document processor

I have created a document in Microsoft Word with "Fields" citation format.

From Microsoft Word I have clicked on Settings->Switch Document Processor.

I saved the file and opened it with LibreOffice.

But Zotero says it can't process the document because it was created with a different word processing application.

Error message: https://ibb.co/Tvk6113

I'm sending the document to you.
  • Could you also submit a Report ID and post it here?
  • Report ID 1613705593
  • Debug ID D1475318670
  • What's the full version of Word that you used to write this document?
  • 1. The document was written by different co-authors with most likely different versions of Microsoft Word. The version of Microsoft Word I used to "Switch Document Processor" is Version 2207 (Build 15427.20194 Click-to-Run)

2. From LibreOffice, I opened the Navigator, deleted the "Bookmarks", and it is now working
  • Oh, good regarding 2. This saves me time debugging. Bookmarks like those should not cause this error, so we'll fix it in a future update. Do you have any idea who or what inserted those bookmarks?
  • Aren't they inserted by the "Heading" paragraph style? So when you click on the Table of Contents (in the software, not in the document) you will be redirected to the right position in the page?
  • Table of content bookmarks seem to use the `_Toc` prefix in Word, but I don't quite know enough about Word's ToC system to say whether the bookmarks in your document could be from the ToC. Also, to be more specific, the bookmark that causes the issue here is the one that points to the first line on the converted document, the one that says "ZOTERO_TRANSFER_FILE".
  • Maybe Google Docs? The document was on Google Docs before
  • Is it fixable?
  • Yes, we will have a fix some time later, but you can just work with the document where you remove the bookmarks (or at least the bookmarks at the first line of the transfer document).
  • Yes I'm doing that. Out of curiosity, why the first bookmark causes the issue?
  • Zotero checks the first paragraph in the document to see if it has the text "ZOTERO_TRANSFER_DOCUMENT", and if it does, it initiates the procedure to convert it back into an active document version. I haven't had the chance to look into why it breaks specifically in LibreOffice, but it either is a bug in the way we access the paragraph text, or the way LibreOffice API serves it.