Lack of files after sync on multiply devices

Hi,
I think it is a common problem and maybe it was answered before.
I followed a few links regarding the sync of libraries.
E.g https://www.zotero.org/support/attaching_files#stored_files_and_linked_files
https://www.zotero.org/support/sync#alternative_syncing_solutions https://guides.library.cornell.edu/c.php?g=32258&p=203321 and many others.
The problem is. I have an account on 2 pc. My main has all of the pdf stores within PC disk. The second account I log into, syn. It has an exact number of files like on the main PC. However, it does not have the pdf file. Is it a problem that I don't store pdf files on google drive or dropbox but on the PC disk? If I go to the web Zotero app, I cannot find a pdf either.
Is the solution: download the whole lib from the main PC, and upload it on google drive/dropbox. Then connect it with Zotero?
  • You're just at your file sync quota, so no further files are being uploaded. Zotero will show you a warning for this in the toolbar every time you try to sync. To sync your files via Zotero servers, you'd have to add a storage subscription.
  • Yes, I have warning. "file not found"
    "the attached file could not be found at the following path,
    ... if the file was added on another computer, it may not yet have been synced to zotero.org"
    But I synced that because I can see the same number of files even though I can find the same reference but without pdf.
    I don't need a storage subscription for now. I don't exceed storage yet.
  • edited August 2, 2022
    I don't know why you think that, but I'm telling you that you're at your 300 MB storage quota and can't upload any additional files. Additional files will be available on the computer where you added them but nowhere else. You can see your storage usage on your storage settings page.
  • edited August 2, 2022
    And to be clear, the "file not found" warning is a different message. That's what you see when you try to open a file that's not available on a given device.

I'm talking about a sync error that you'll see on any computers where you've added files that can't be uploaded due to your being at your quota.
  • Ok, thanks for that.

" the "file not found" warning is a different message. That's what you see when you try to open a file that's not available on a given device."
    Does it mean I have to take all of the pdf files from one device to another? Or there is another way?

"You can see your storage usage on your storage settings page."
    Is below 300 MB. I think I am fine for now.
  • I don't know what you're looking at, or why you don't believe what I'm telling you, but you're at 313.2 MB of your 300 MB quota. No further files are being uploaded. You asked why you can't access your files on all of your computers, and I'm telling you the answer.
  • Ok, sorry, you are correct regarding the storage. I did not mean to bother you.
    Allow me to ask this way. When I will buy additional storage, namely 2GB, I will be able to have access to files (pdfs with annotation) on PC, tablet, or mobile, is it correct? Gaining extra storage will provide access to pdfs on multiply devices, this is my understanding.
  • Yes, that's exactly right.
  • Allow me to rephrase that.

When I will buy additional storage, namely 2GB, I will be able to have access to files (pdfs with annotation) on a PC, tablet, or mobile, is it correct? Even if it is stored on
    PC (90% of pdfs), tablet (8%), mobile (2%). Meaning if storage is up to 2GB I can have pdfs across multiply devices but with syn, the whole lib will be available on each and every device.
  • Yes. That’s the point of Zotero Storage.