Chicago Author-Date In-text Citation is Incorrect

According to CMOS Online and the book for the 17th edition, Author-Date in-text citations should be (Author's Last Name Publication Year, Page), like so (Smith 2022, 4). Instead, mine are showing up like this (Smith, 2022, page 4). You see the extra comma and the word "page" within the in-text citation. Is there another post or error reported regarding this? Is it something on my end? Thank you!
  • (Smith, 2022, page 4) is not produced by Zotero's Chicago author date style.

Note that the citation style for a document is set under "Document Preferences" in the Word add-on, not in the Cite/Styles tab of the Zotero preferences (the style list there has no effect on citations anywhere -- it's just for adding or removing installed styles)
  • I am using this to Cite within a note in Zotero. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
  • It does it correctly in Google Docs, but I have started to just import my notes with the citations already in them, but they are showing up wrong within the notes themselves.
  • Here's an example from one of my notes I've copied and pasted. If it would be better for a screenshot, let me know. I use the brackets with a + sign [+] to insert a citation into the note.

"The elemental simplicities of wilderness travel were thrills not only because of their novelty, but because they represented complete freedom to make mistakes. The wilderness gave them their first taste of those rewards and penalties for wise and foolish acts which every woodsman faces daily, but against which civilization has built a thousand buffers. These boys were 'on their own' in this particular sense" ([Leopold, 1949, page 113](zotero://select/library/items/4MEI5TJZ)).
  • oh, the cite within a note just doesn't follow any specific citation style. That's just a placeholder.
  • oh, ok. Thank you for clarification.