Can opened note on the notes sidebar follow the opened item in the PDF reader?

Hi!
I can't find information whether this is supported or not.
If I'm reading a PDF file using the reader, I can see annotations on the left sidebar and metadata on the right sidebar for the current item.
When I switch from item (a) to item (b) using the top tab-bar, then annotations and metadata will reflect the current visible item.

However, this is not the case with Notes. If I open note (x) in right-sidebar for item (a), then switching to item (b) keeps note (x) visible. If I open note (y) when item (b) is active, then switching back to item (a) keeps note (y) visible.

Can I make it so that opened note on the notes sidebar follow the opened item in the PDF reader?

Thanks for all the love you put into Zotero!
Pablo
  • We have plans to improve that.
  • In the latest Zotero beta, we've made some changes to how the PDF reader Notes pane works. It's harder to describe than to use, but basically:

- If you select a standalone note (or a child note of a different item from the one you're viewing in the PDF reader), it will persist as you switch between tabs.

- If you select a child note of the item you're viewing, it will remain in that tab only.

We expect this will just do what most people want in most cases, whether they primarily use a single standalone note at a time across open tabs, primarily use child notes within each tab, or a combination of the two.

(The one workflow it doesn't support is working on different standalone notes in different PDF tabs, but I think the cleanest solution for that will be the ability in a future version to open new windows to group related PDFs for which you'd want a single standalone note.)
  • You've made it very clear in your explanation!
    Thanks for the notice!
    :D
  • This is now available in Zotero 6.0.10.