From 'Linked Attachment Based Directory' to WebDAV

I have been using the 'Linked Attachment Based Directory' feature to store files in a cloud storage service (Box) but want to transition to using WebDAV, which I believe can be achieved by the same cloud storage provider.

This is probably very easy to do, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I have setup and verified my WebDAV, but not sure how to remove the 'Linked Attachment Based Directory' Base Directory in my preferences.

I am on the latest beta version on MacOS 11.6.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • edited June 29, 2022
    Tools → Manage Attachments → Convert Linked Files to Stored Files
  • Thanks for that.

Just to be double-sure, I need to remove all moving and renaming configuration for `Zotfile`, and then `Zotero` will store the attachments in the `~/Zotero/storage` directory and the WebDAV config will sync the attachments to my WebDAV provider? This will then make attachments available in the `Zotero` iOS and desktop app, but not via the web interface?
  • You would have to disable any settings in ZotFile to convert attachments to linked files, yes.
    This will then make attachments available in the `Zotero` iOS and desktop app, but not via the web interface?
    Correct. Files synced via Zotero Storage would be available in the web library as well, but WebDAV files are stored on your server and so aren't accessible in the web library.
  • Awesome, thanks for that. Truly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Atanas