CSV Export missing data for 'publisher' field

Since June 24th 2022, when I export a collection as a CSV, all entries are blank for the 'Publisher' field (aka Institution in desktop app). This was not the case on June 23rd and prior, and the information still shows correctly if I download as CSL JSON.
  • For me too, between May 27 and June 27, Zotero's CSV export no longer exports the manual tags and, for chapters, it no longer exports the book title.
    Thanks for your help
  • Same here, I was just looking for solutions..
  • Ticket created: https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/2843
    Sorry for the trouble -- we'll post here when we have an update, no need to interact with github unless you're interested in working on a fix (which would of course be very welcome).
  • @jr-diversiq, christine, @ProtochipsAE7: This should be fixed now. Your Zotero should have already updated automatically, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences. Thanks for reporting, and sorry for the trouble.
  • Thank you very much! It's corrected now.
  • Hi, similar problem with CSV export.
    Latest Zotero (6.0.10). Export missing data such as 'page num' and many more.
    Some exports are 100%, some stop after author field.
    (I haven't exported much in earlier versions, so cannot say when this entered).
    Needs another ticket or..?
  • Have you actually opened the CSV with a text editor? Excel will simply mess up opening CSV files and what you are describing sounds like that.
  • To open a csv file with a spreadsheet program, you can use LibreOffice Calc, then save the file as xlsx if you want to use Excel.
  • Hi all, thanks @"christine Daussin", yes I'm aware, but it is news to me ( @adamsmith ) that Excel kills data at CSV import. I'm of course flexible to explore other alternatives. In other words, the data is in the CSV, so Zotero is good right now.
  • Excel does fine with CSV when you use the import function (i.e. Data --> Get Data from text/CSV) and potentially adjust settings based on the preview. It uses some bad preset/heuristics when you just open a CSV file and can mess up perfectly valid CSV.
  • Wow, that's right, I just noticed it, too. The Get Data Feature works fine.