Authors' names not exporting into Zotero from Ovid Embase

Hi,

I've noticed that author names are not coming over properly from Ovid Embase. Here is a reference list entry that I created using Zotero Vancouver Style:

1. M T, P N, K V, M.-K L, A T, A.-M P. Leisure Reading (But Not Any Kind) and Reading Comprehension Support Each Other-A Longitudinal Study Across Grades 1 and 9. Child development. 1467th–8624th ed. 2020 May;91(3).

And here is how the "Cite" function in Zotero cited this in AMA style:

Torppa M., Niemi P., Vasalampi K., Lerkkanen M.-K., Tolvanen A., Poikkeus A.-M. Leisure Reading (But Not Any Kind) and Reading Comprehension Support Each Other-A Longitudinal Study Across Grades 1 and 9. Child Dev 2020;91(3):876-900. doi:10.1111/cdev.13241

So, as best I can tell, the author's surname and first name are flipped. And then because they are flipped, the last name is being abbreviated.

Could you look into this?

Thanks.

Erin
  • How exactly are you importing?
  • Yes, sorry I should have said that I used Zotero Connector for Chrome.

I tried exporting an RIS file for the same citation to Zotero and then cited in Word using Vancouver, and this is my reference list entry now:

Torppa M., Niemi P., Vasalampi K., Lerkkanen M.-K., Tolvanen A., Poikkeus A.-M. Leisure Reading (But Not Any Kind) and Reading Comprehension Support Each Other-A Longitudinal Study Across Grades 1 and 9. Child Dev. 2020;91(3):876–900.

So it seems to be a problem with the connector.
  • Could someone have a look at this connector? Thanks!

Erin
  • This problem is still occurring. Could you please take a look? Thank you.