Mendeley Reference Manager sync - very slow and crashes

I recently migrated from Mendeley Desktop to Mendeley Reference Manager (2.73.0), on Mac OS (Monterey 12.0). I have a very large library (>10k docs).

The new version (reference manager) is much slower than Desktop when syncing (which it does every time I open the app). When I open Mendeley RM it does an autosync, even when nothing has been changed since the last session. And the sync can take several minutes and sometimes I need to restart the app. The consequence is that when I open Mendeley I often have to wait 5 minutes before I can read anything.

Mendeley's chat support doesn't even acknowledge that this is a problem, or a change from the older version (Desktop).

Anyone else experienced this?

• I'm a bit confused why you're asking this here? Why would you expect anything other than a recommendation to switch to Zotero while you still can?
  • I would strongly recommend switching to Zotero. https://Zotero.org/support/kb/mendeley_import
  • Thanks both - migrated as recommended. I can't believe how much time I wasted over the past 3 days with Mendeley. I'll spare you the gory details, but essentially Elsevier is forcing everyone off the somewhat functional 'Desktop' app onto a cloud-based 'Reference Manager' app. This migration totally corrupted several cited word docs on my part, and made slow sync times made the newer app unusable.

I have a few other zotero questions but I'll ask them in a separate thread.