bad organistaion of the Zotero web site

I am getting errors with incompatible versions of the Word 2008 for MAC plugin and the Firefox version installed. #634469593

I have no idea where on the Zotero all the different versions of the various plug ins are for download, the site has no clear organization or download section. The two large buttons on the front page download packages, non of which is the latest version.

BE CLEAR WHERE to get the different versions for the different browser and Word, Oo versions.

I have wasted 45 minutes trying to track down the correct version of the MAC Word plugin and still do not have it.

M
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#incompatible_plugin
    The two large buttons on the front page download packages, non of which is the latest version.
    Yes, those are the two latest versions of Zotero. The word processor plugins are distributed separately.
    I have wasted 45 minutes trying to track down the correct version of the MAC Word plugin and still do not have it.
    Well, there's a link to the word processor integration page from the middle of the front page, but typing "word plugin" into the search box at the top right of the front page would also return it as the first result, as would typing "zotero word plugin" into Google. In the future, those would be good places to start when looking for something.

Once on the integration page, there's a link to the Installation page (which is also the second result in Google).

The installation page is admittedly a bit confusing right now because 1) it's catering to two different Zotero versions with incompatible plugins and 2) there's a lot of technical detail necessary while the plugins are in development, but there are large headings for the 1.0-compatible plugins and the 2.0-compatible plugins, with subheadings for each word processor and OS and download links under each one.

Once 2.0 Final is out and the new plugins have received a bit more testing, one-click downloads of the word processor plugins from the front page may be possible.

If you're still having trouble, let us know.