German "umlaute" imported to Zotero

Hi,

i just started using Zotero and tried to import my existing libraries from endnote. As Im from Germany I have several Titles with the German letters ä ü and ö. In the TXT file they are shown properly but when I import to Zotero, they go to ? ³ and things like that. Where is my fault?

Greetz
Xsara
  • This is only a suggestion, but you might try changing the txt-file encoding from ANSI (which it probably is) to Unicode or UTF-8.
    In windows, open in the Editor and do a File->Save As, then select a different encoding in the dropdown-list of the File-Dialogue.
  • Thx alot, as far as i can see it by now, it worked.
  • Hey,

I'm from Germany too and since the new release I have the same problem. I'm not working with endnote, but when I try to export a bibliography into rtf, the umlaute ü,ö,ä get changed. Ä is "\uc0\u228" for example.
    I'm working on a mac. When I change the rtf into txt it looses the formatting, so what can I do, to keep the format, but change the umlaute?

Thanks for your help!

Yours, Moritz
  • when I try to export a bibliography into rtf, the umlaute ü,ö,ä get changed
    Fixed in the latest dev build, thanks.
  • Thanks a lot for this very fast answer! You are right. It works fine in all bibliography styles. Only the american psychological society style still produces strange signs instead of ü,ö,ä. Since I'm not a programmer I don't really understand why. Thanks again. Zotero is just great! Yours, Moritz
  • Hello,
    I have a similiar problem. In my Zotero library I have some authors with ü,ö,ä (which are correctly displayed). But when I cite them in word, zotero gives me instead of ö an "o" and a little box.
    In the editor (when selecting a reference) the name is also correctly written with ö.
    I am using Mac with a German version of word 2004.
    if anyone can help that would be great!
    Best, Juliane
  • Juliane: This is a very old thread, and your issue isn't related. Please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.