Modifying the Generated HTML Bibliography list

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using Zotero and I am using it to generate HTML with a list of bibliographies to be used on a website. I am using the Elsevier - Harvard style for the formatting. In doing that, I would like to know if it is possible to do this BY USING ONLY ZOTERO (***This is important***) and not trying to use Python or any other scripting to do this.

Say, for example, I have a list of five items that I have sorted in reverse chronological order for the HTML output. I currently get an HTML output generated like this:

"Title",2022
"Title",2022
"Title",2018
"Title",2007
"Title",2007

But I would ideally like to generate the HTML as shown below:

2022 //*Year should be mentioned before every classification
"Title",2022
"Title",2022
"Title",2018
"Title",2007
"Title",2007 //*All items in a particular year must be grouped together.

P.S: I have a list of five hundred items on the list. So, me manually writing it in the list is ruled out.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot (:
Karthik
  • I'm pretty sure that can't be done. It's possible with authors per group, but I can't think of a way of doing it with any other variable, including year.
  • Thank you for the super quick response.!

I do understand that. Grouping is kinda automatic as I sorted the list by year. So that is already taken care of. The only remaining thing however is generating the text "Year" before every year group. Do you think that is possible at all?
  • That's what I was responding to. It isn't
  • Yes. Alright. I just wanted to make it clear once. Thank you very much for your time and valuable opinion. (: