Shortcut / Macro / Script for Omit Author

When inserting a citation, I omit the author more often than not. This is because I'll frequently mention the author's name in a sentence, and only need to cite the year at the end.

I am wondering whether anyone has found a way to set up a simple shortcut, script, or macro for omitting/suppressing the author on MacOS with Word for Mac (I'm using version 16 with the Zotero plugin).

At present, I am using the cumbersome Cmd+down arrow, tab. x4, space, enter. I am looking for a simpler way to do this. The only solutions I have found on this forum use Autohotkey, which does not work for Mac.
  • Theoretically, you could edit your citation style and remove the authors from showing in the in-text citation.
    And when you want to have them you'd add them to the prefix field. Note though that then the style won't automatically shorten the authors based on the et-al settings or disambiguate.
  • I may try this, then. Fortunately, multi-authored pieces, are fairly uncommon in my field, and most multi-authored pieces have no more than two authors.
  • Let us know if you need help with the specific citation style you're using, but should be relatively easy for you.