Parenthesis around page range

Hi there, first time posting and I'm new at editing csl files (and coding more broadly). I am trying to edit a csl file using the visual editor to match an academic journal's citation style. I have managed to get most of the things I need, but I am having trouble removing parenthesis (presumably a prefix/suffix but I can't find where) in the bibliography for the book chapter page range.

It currently looks like this:

Mares, Isabela (2001) Firms and the welfare state: when, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In Peter A. Hall and David Soskice (eds) Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage (184–213) New York: Oxford University Press.

I need it to look like this, however:

Mares, Isabela (2001) Firms and the welfare state: when, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In Peter A. Hall and David Soskice (eds) Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

In other words, I'm trying to remove the () around the chapter page range but can't figure out how. It doesn't seem that there is a ( or ) in the prefix/suffix for this.
  • Post the style code to pastebin.com and link to it from here
  • edited June 7, 2022
    I believe I did this right! Apologies if not, I'm very inept/new at this!

https://pastebin.com/WNEGMkev

*edit: updated link*
  • Starting with APA style made this quite complex -- not the easiest style for a beginner to start with.
    The parentheses are the prefix/suffix in the group in line 671, part of the macro parenthesis, which in turn contains the macro locators-booklike, which in turn contains the macro volume-booklike, which includes the page range. Pulling this all apart without breaking other things in the style is going to be a bit tricky, but I think I'd try to move either volume-booklike or locators-booklike out of the parenthetical macro and include it in the bibliography by itself.
  • In general, I would suggest starting with a different style than APA. This doesn’t resemble APA that much, and a lot of APA’s complexity is going to make this hard to edit