sharing My Library with a new group (newbie question)

I've searched around but I can't figure out how to share 'my library' with a group I just created. I've synced and enabled file sync. I tried just dragging the folder (in my Zotero client) - that didn't work. I'm not finding relevant menu items in ie groups-settings-members. Could someone point me to relevant instructions/faq?
thanks
  • As far as I know, you cannot share your library. What you can do is create a group library, send invitations to all your collaborators, and drag any items you want to share from your library to the group library. More info here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/groups

I hope this helps
  • Thankyou
    I tried dragging the My Library folder to the new group 'library'
    it showed a + but nothing happened
    I tried dragging the specific 'collection' folder to the new group
    I tried making a new collection in the new group then selecting items from the collection folder in My Library to the new collection former in the new group
    what now?
  • It seems I have exceeded my storage limit - would this be why I can't move files?
  • It seems I have exceeded my storage limit - would this be why I can't move files?
    It shouldn't be affected by the storage limit, no. For testing, can you manually create a new item in the group?
  • Thankyou Adam
    > can you manually create a new item in the group?
    Yes - I made a new 'collection' folder in the new group and successfully dragged an article into it, the entry and the pdf are there.
    But I still can't drag anything from the collection folder in My Library to the collection folder in the Group
  • can't drag anything
    What exactly are you trying to drag?

Can you provide a Debug ID for trying to drag?
  • I've got a bibliography of 790 files. I want to drag it all to the new folder in the new group. I tried dragging a single file entry/index - don't know what its called in Zotero
    here is the log for trying to drag two separate items - both failed, though I saw the + when hovering over the destination folder
    thanks!

D386849205
  • BTW - syncing is on and sync files is on
  • edited May 31, 2022
    (1)(+0000001): Error: Error(s) encountered during statement execution: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed [QUERY: INSERT INTO itemRelations (itemID, predicateID, object) VALUES (?, ?, ?)] [PARAMS: 735, 6, "http://zotero.org/groups/4703516/items/BA275GIQ"] [ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed]
    Can you restart Zotero and try again with a single item with debug output logging running, and provide a Debug ID for that if it fails again?
  • OMG - it worked! for one file dragged
    D267180109
    I suppose I should have thought to reboot :(
    Will proceed to try to drag more
    thanks
  • Wow - I selected 'all' in My Library - that worked
    and I selected 'all' in Duplicate Items - that worked too
    thanks
    (feeling slightly silly for not rebooting earlier)