zotero crashes and exits as soon as one paper is saved using Google Scholar

edited May 29, 2022
[JavaScript Error: "ReferenceError: module is not defined" {file: "chrome://zoteroupdateifs/content/scripts/zoteroupdateifs.js" line: 1218}]
@chrome://zoteroupdateifs/content/scripts/zoteroupdateifs.js:1218:1

version => 6.0.8, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.16, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.8, extensions => Sci-Hub Plugin for Zotero (1.4.4, extension), ZotFile (5.1.1, extension), Duplicates Merger for Zotero (1.0.2, extension), DOI Manager (1.4.2, extension), Jasminum (0.1.8, extension), Zotero Update IFs (0.93.0, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.0.SA.6.0.8, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (6.0.2.SA.6.0.8, extension), Delitem (0.0.14, extension), Zotero Tag (0.2.5, extension), Zotero PDF Translate (0.8.2, extension)

----
The above is the error message.

I select one item to add my library, the google scholar immediately crashed and exited.

Who can help me. Thanks a lot!
  • Try with all your third-party plugins disabled.
  • Thanks. Disabling all plugins works normally, and How to analyze which plugin is causing it? Only analyze one by one?
  • Or half at a time. It's likely something that triggers a popup, like DOI Manager. (The plugin likely isn't to blame, but there's a bug in the current version of the framework Zotero is built on on macOS that can cause these sorts of crashes with popups and possibly external monitors.)
  • @dstillman OK, Thanks. I have tried disabling plugins and found「zotero Tag」is the problem.