Device Syncing (iOS)

syncing to iOS devices (iphone 13 and 5th gen ipad) isn't working well or almost not at all. Seems the iphone updates once in a while but the ipad rarely does and I need to wait days or weeks for docs to show up on that App. Do I need to change any settings on the devices or maybe in my account?
Thanks
Marek
  • You shouldn't need to change any settings, no.

If you create an item on your desktop, sync, and then pull down on the items list in the Zotero app on your iPad, do you not see the item? If not, can you provide Debug IDs for 1) creating the item and syncing on your desktop and 2) pulling down on the items list and not getting the item on iOS? Make sure debug output logging is running on both before making any changes, since the iOS app may auto-sync automatically within a few seconds.
  • Not sure how debugging works but will look into that this weekend and report back.

iPhone sync appears to work more reliably but iPad is quite dysfunctional. That’s the device I would use to read articles mostly so would really like to get that working. Right now 1128 articles have synced to my phone (probably most of what’s on the desktop now has synced to it) but only 57 are available on the iPad. I only recently started using Zotero and then last week upgraded my storage to 2 and then 6gb and added more to my desktop library.
  • We can’t help if you don’t provide the info I asked for.
  • edited May 22, 2022
    Debug ID after following the instructions:

For creating item on desktop and syncing: D445304571

For pulling down on iOS on Ipad D811147061
  • That seems to show the items being downloaded to the iPad. Why do you think they weren't?
  • yes it possibly was...the bigger issue though is there's now 1129 files in my desktop library but only 77 items that have been pushed/fetched by the ipad OS while the iphone OS appears to correctly fetch these albeit also appears to be "laggy". I assumed the debug link can be used to identify devices linked to an account and tracing the integrity of library syncing to various devices. Also, when I look up available devices on the web app ("send to your devices" drop down item) only the iphone shows up even though the ipad is logged into my account. Maybe I should uninstall the ipad app and reinstall and login.
  • the bigger issue though is there's now 1129 files in my desktop library but only 77 items that have been pushed/fetched by the ipad OS
    This seems unlikely, but if you think this is the case you should log out out of the iOS app and log back in, making sure you're logging in to the same account.
    Also, when I look up available devices on the web app ("send to your devices" drop down item) only the iphone shows up even though the ipad is logged into my account.
    Not sure what you're referring to here, but whatever you're describing isn't Zotero.
  • Signing out and signing back in fixed it.