Saving problem

I saved a batch of videos to view later and I think I should have created them as subcollection rather than just a file. I had all the information on name of video, author, date, video length of time, and URL.
When I double click on the file I only get the video (without the information).
Question is there a way to recover the information and change into subcollection (actually will be sub-subcollection).
As you have probably assumed by now I am brand new to Zotero. Which I'd known about it at least a year ago. Trying to put all those files from oer the years that I could never find where I stored them in one location.
Thanks in advance for any advice you might care to send my way.
Barry
  • I'm not really sure what you mean here. Can you take some screenshots that show what you're referring to, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
  • Here is link with explanation and screen shots hopefully explaining my problem.

Thanks so much for your responding to my problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/JODKr3X9atInjFwC
  • Think I may have discovered how to accomplish this by using 'Blog Post' and including the YouTube video URL. That way I can reference back to the video while still being able to see my reference data and notes.
  • Excuse me for showing my igornance!!! All the information along with notes is there. I had not caught on to the fact that by double clicking on the icon it would take you to the video. It was all right there in front of me all the time. Think I'll blame it on cataract lenses. They have become blurred...going to have laser surgery to correct.
    Another of those learning curve not paying enough attention and trying to hurry up and get caught up on years of files that I have spent days trying to find because I had no central location.
    Finding files from 2014 that I have no idea why I had saved them...LOL.
  • Yes, to be clear, when you double-click on an item that doesn't have an attachment (PDF, snapshot, etc.), it will open the URL in the URL field or the DOI in the DOI field.