Need to reconnect every few citations/on page reload

I need to reconnect the Google Docs Zotero integration to my Google account frequently. Is this normal? I'll reopen the document I was working on in the last day, and find that the menu item to cite additional documents does not work. When I click it a second time, it will prompt me to reconnect the extension. I'm using macOS 12.3.1, Zotero desktop 6.0.7, Safari 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13). Please let me know if I can provide screenshots or any other helpful information for debugging.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
  • We haven't received other reports of that, but it's possible that it's Safari's "Intelligent Tracking Prevention", which can somewhat arbitrarily clear site cookies if it decides they're not necessary parts of sites you use regularly. It might stop happening automatically as you continue to use it, but just as a troubleshooting step you can try temporarily disabling that feature in Safari to see if the problem goes away.

If you're running any other third-party extensions that might be interfering, you should start by disabling those.