Can't mass update from one style to another

I need some help!
I'm trying to change my citation from Chicago note to Chicago full note in a document with nearly 500 citations and it just won't work. I've tried using the Zotero dialog boxes and the word processor settings (Google Docs and Word) to change the style, but nada.

Basically my current notes don't show year or page number, and I need them to.

If you are proposing some kind of code change to solve the problem, please explain it step by step — I'm not savvy about that kinda stuff.
  • Did you try clicking Document Preferences on the Zotero tab in the word processor?
  • edited May 9, 2022
    Yes. And when I clicked other styles it mass-updated the footnotes, but just refused to change to Chicago full note. I ended up having to delete the text of every footnote and redo the citation.
  • What operating system & Word version? Depending on the set-up, this can take a significant time without a clear progress indicator.
    And when I clicked other styles it mass-updated the footnotes, but just refused to change to Chicago full note.
    This I don't understand -- could you illustrate with an example?
  • Mac Monterrey, newest versions of Zotero and Word.

When I tried switching to other styles (eg. APA, etc.) it changed the footnotes instantaneously. But when I tried making it to Chicago full note (both 16th and 17th edition), it would not include dates or page numbers, which are supposed to be part of the full note format.
  • So if you're changing the style to Chicago full note, how exactly do a couple of sample footnotes look?
    And how does a footnote look when you switch to APA style? Do citations stay in footnotes?
  • Sorry, but I ended up manually fixing these because of a deadline. So I don't need a fix now.