Addition part in Zotero

edited April 30, 2022
In Zotero, I add the date to the appendix. But in Word it does not show this date. The reason I added the date in the appendix is ​​to specify the Hijri and Gregorian calendar.
  • You can't really do this in Zotero, but you can instead trick Zotero by entering the hijri date as an "original date" You need to use a specific format, like this, in Extra (İlave).

original-date: 1310

Here is a related thread from the forums: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/280096/#Comment_280096

Then you would have to modify the citation style to use the original date. I am not quite sure if "H" can be added to the end of the hijri year, but CSL experts would hopefully respond.
  • edited May 4, 2022
    Tesekkür ederim.. Hicri ve miladi takvimi aynı anda yazmak için ilave kısmına issued: "1410/1979" yazmak gerekiyor. Ben bunu yazdığımda bazı eserler dipnotta bu tarihi veriyor. Bazı eserlerde ne yazık ki dipnotta tarihi göstermiyor. Bu sorunu çözmek için ne yapmam gerekiyor? Bulamadım.
  • Thank you.. In order to write the Hijri and Gregorian calendar at the same time, it is necessary to write "1410/1979" in the appendix. When I write this, some works give this date in the footnote. Unfortunately, some works do not show the date in the footnote. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I couldnt find it.
  • 1410/1979 is supposed to show a date range (başlangıç ve bitiş tarihleri), like this: 1410–1979. Not alternate dates, I think.

Which style are you using in your word processor? This is something you set when you started working in your document, and you can see by clicking on Document Preferences (Belge Tercihleri) in the Zotero tab in Word/Libre Office.

Also, for the items that do not show the date as you prefer, are they a different type of item (eser türü)? Journal article (bilimsel dergi makalesi) vs book (kitap), for example.
  • I am using the Isnad 2nd edition style. I'm using the book type. Works Arabic and old classical sources. I need to specify both the Hijri calendar and the Gregorian calendar.
  • Just tried it with a random source, and it does work fine. You'd need to find what the difference is between the items which show the date as written in Extra (İlave), and the ones that do not. It is important that you are entering the text as

date:"2022, 1400 H"

where you can place your preferred text for date between the double quotation marks. One case where no date is shown is if you choose an item with some item types, such as Manuscript ("El Yazması"). (The style can be modified to show dates on manuscripts, of course.) Can you confirm in your Zotero data if "Item Type" (Eser Türü) are all "Book" (Kitap), and if not, what are they for the items failing to show the date?