Citation in google docs not properly "updating" in foot/endnote

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to resolve this issue. I am trying to upload my citations to googledocs and it all works fine but the footnote just says {updating}. I try to update it with zotero then it says "Selected field Sav2Mu not returned from Docs backend" not sure what this means. I tried removing and redownloading my connector. Not sure what else to do. Thanks.
  • Is this a fairly new and fast, or an older/slower computer? Is it under a lot of load or is it fast and not many applications are running? We are aware of the problem but it's a Chrome bug and one we don't currently have a solution for. You can work around it by switching to Firefox.
  • Hi @adomasven, I have the same problem and had switched to Firefox to work, but after few weeks Firefox shows the same eternal updating progress and now I can not add any citation anymore anywhere. Can you please suggest any thing that we can do? Thank you in advance
  • edited May 9, 2022
    There's nothing "eternal" about the {Updating} text. It's a placeholder Zotero uses to insert the actual citation. If you don't see the Zotero overlay over Google Docs which says "Please wait..." it means the integration operation is done and nothing will change. If you see {Updating} in the text your only option is to delete it and try inserting again. We're working on a fix right now and should release it relatively soon.