Small display bugs

Two things
first, I cannot adjust the column width of my center panel. Title takes up almost the entire panel and there's no way I can change that - adding new columns, taking them out, re-adding them - all to no avail.

Second:
When I minimize the collection column, the gear icon vanishes - that doesn't seem right (the group icons vanish, too, but that seems to make more sense).

Z 2.07b, FF. 3.0.14, Ubuntu 9.04
  • How many pixels wide can you get your middle column? I can shrink mine to abut 280px leaving my entire Firefox width at about 640. Do you want to get smaller than that or are you unable to shrink it that far?
  • first, I cannot adjust the column width of my center panel. Title takes up almost the entire panel and there's no way I can change that
    You can try closing Firefox and moving the localstore.rdf file in your Firefox profile out of the folder. This will reset all your window settings, but it's the main thing to try when you have general UI weirdness in Firefox.
    When I minimize the collection column, the gear icon vanishes
    I suppose we could bump the gear icon over to the middle pane when collapsing the left column...
  • @Dan thanks that did it. (Trevor: the problem wasn't the center panel which I can adjust, but the columns within that panel).
  • win xp sp 3, ff 3.5, Zotero 2.07b.

I cannot see Toggle full screen and close tab in my upper right panel.
  • Same problem here, I think. Using Vista, Firefox 3.5.3. The toolbar (w/ options gears icon, full screen, etc.) is there when I start Firefox, but when I use the grippy to view my tags, the toolbar disappears.
  • mkwalker: Which problem? adamsmith's second issue isn't a bug—just a side effect of minimizing the entire left column (not just the tag selector)

What do you mean by "when I use the grippy to view my tags"? Can you explain in more detail what you're doing and what the exact problem is?
  • Pardon me, I meant as Xunchen.liu, although all my toolbar icons disappear, not just Toggle full screen and the close tab.

I am not sure if I am using the right terminology, but I assume the "grippy" is the little dotted bar you click on now instead of the button (since the latest upgrade) to make the tags selector appear and disappear in the left column.

When I reload Firefox and bring up Zotero, I have my folders in the left column. When I bring up the tag selector in the left column by clicking on the bar, the toolbar at the top of Zotero disappears--the searchbar, sync button, fullscreen toggle, options gear, etc., all gone...until I reload Firefox again. I hope this clarifies.

This is only a problem with my Vista Laptop. It does not happen on my XP desktop.
  • Does this persist if you resize the splitter downward?
  • Resizing the splitter fixed the problem. Thanks very much.