Two features requests regarding document links

Hi, I wonder if the following two could be considered, please.

1) For the link for stand alone notes (those added with the little post it icon onto the PDF) open up the position / page of the PDF and not just highlight the PDF in the library

2) For text copied from the PDF without a highlight to contain the PDF link - really useful for creating 'placeholders' in notes (ie third party notes apps) that point back to the page of the document that is relevant but that doesn't warrant actual highlighting.

Thank you
  • edited May 5, 2022
    1) For the link for stand alone notes (those added with the little post it icon onto the PDF) open up the position / page of the PDF and not just highlight the PDF in the library
    (Just to clarify, these are "note annotations". "Standalone notes" in Zotero are just standard Zotero notes that aren't children of other items.)

You should see a "Go to Page" button in the popup when you click the citation associated with a note annotation added to a note.
    2) For text copied from the PDF without a highlight to contain the PDF link
    It does. Dragged text behaves the same as a highlight annotation.

If you're using a custom note template, you might have changed things in such a way that these aren't working, so you should try resetting.
  • Thank you.

For both of these, I was really looking to copy and paste directly to a third party app (e.g. logseq or obsidian) which works well with a highlight. I can't drag and drop into these apps, and pasting a selection of text gives me the text and no highlight.
  • Just to return to this, I've logged a feature request with logseq to allow for text to be dragged into it, but it would still be really helpful to be able to do this with a copy and paste and have the link included, if possible, please.