Citation style for Health Physics Journal

This discussion was created from comments split from: Citation styles.
  • I need help with getting the citation style for the Health Physics Journal into Zotero to complete my manuscript bibliogarphy. I have contaced the HPJ, and read the Zotero site, but have to admit I dont get it and need help sorting this out.
  • Style Request: Health Physics

Journal Info ; ISSN: 0017-9078 ; Online ISSN: 1538-5159

In addition to the book and article format example, how do I get the report format (example below) included?

Health Physics sample article
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7837752/

Health Physics style guide
    Chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://hps.org/documents/HPS_publications_style_guide.pdf

Zotero examples in HPS Journal format
    In-text citation:
    (Campbell and Pedersen 2007)
    (Mares 2001)
    Bibliography:
    Campbell JL, Pedersen OK. The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comparative Political Studies 40(3):307-332; 2007 DOI:10.1177

Mares I. Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In: Hall PA and Soskice D, eds. Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001:184-213

Health Physics Examples
    Book
    Dritschilo A. Cancer and carcinogenesis. In: Mossman KL, Mills WA, eds. The biological basis of radiation protection practices. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1992:77–88.

Journal
    Inkret WC, Efurd DW, Miller G, Rokop DJ, Benjamin TM. Applications of thermal ionization mass spectrometry to the detection of 239Pu and 240Pu intakes. Int J Mass Spectros 178:113–120; 1998. DOI:10.1016/S1387-3806(98)14084-8.

Reports
    National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements. Ionizing radiation exposure of the population of the United States. Bethesda, MD: NCRP; NCRP Report No. 160; 2009.

International Commission on Radiological Protection. Relative biological effectiveness (RBE), quality factor (Q), and radiation weighting factor (wR). Oxford: Pergamon Press; ICRP Publication 92; 2003.

Thank you

• We need the 2 examples to find a good matching template style. If the guidelines include other item types, I usually adapt them.
  • Here is another Journal Example
    Journal
    Michael R, Bron AJ. The ageing lens and
    cataract: A model of normal and pathological
    ageing. Phil Trans R Soc B 366:
    1278Y1292; 2011.

I have only found the one book example

Here is another report example
    National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements. Use of personal monitors to estimate effective dose equivalent and effective dose to workers for external exposure to low-LET radiation.
    Bethesda, MD: NCRP; NCRP Report No. 122; 1995.
  • Not sure what you're trying to do, but we have everything we need. thank you.
  • Thanks. I misunderstood
  • I've made a first draft of the style: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/citation-style-language/styles/fb97fe8df858ff35a9061c80f3403fc8aa0604b7/health-physics.csl

Any issues, please report as a numbered list in a current vs wanted output format.