Juris-M Abbreviations Issue

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the Juris-m abbreviations filter. I know that we usually use Frank's mailing list, but I read about his situation and I didn't want to burden him even more, he has already given so much back to the community.

I have been trying to input abbreviations from file in the abbreviations filter and it will just not work. Import from defaults does work. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be fixed?
  • edited April 22, 2022
    You need to give some more details. What exactly is the problem? For me, the abbreviation filter works.
    See documentation: https://juris-m.readthedocs.io/en/latest/abbrevs.html
  • I am aware of the documentation, my problem is this: if I open the 'manage abbreviations' menu and I import abbreviations from defaults, that works fine. However, if I choose to input abbreviations from file and I choose a .json file to input nothing happens.
  • Indeed, "Input from file" does not work, it seems. You can instead copy your .json file into the "juris-abbrevs" folder. Open the DIRECTORY_LISTING.json file there and add an entry for your .json file. Then you can find your personal list in the drop-down menu ("Select a resource") of default abbreviation lists.
  • I cannot find the DIRECTORY_LISTING.json file, could you please tell me where it is located?
  • DIRECTORY_LISTING.json is in the "juris-abbrevs" folder among the other .json files with the abbreviation lists.
    N.B. Every time this file gets automatically updated (currently not very often...), you will need to redo your manual changes.