{Citation} left in Word document

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word plug-in not working properly.
  • I am having trouble with adding citation too. It goes through all the motions of adding a citation but all I am left with is [{Citation}] which used to be replaced with the actual citation, and the field does not exist in Word. Using 6.0.4, Latest IOS on Intel, and latest Word (Updated yesterday)
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to isn't related. I've moved this to a new thread.)

To be clear, you're seeing the citation dialog, making your selection, and after you press Enter, the dialog is going away but it's not creating the citation field?

You're sure you're not clicking behind the citation dialog so it just goes behind your other windows?

Can you provide a Debug ID for this happening?
  • Thank you for the very fast come-back.

No mouse movement has been performed and the red progress bar completes and disappears. Word only has the [{Citation}] left where the citation should go. Since this is my first post here, I am sorry I did not create a new thread. I also was not sure where to put the post in the forums so since I am on IOS (I do use both windows and linux versions) I posted the problem here.
    I was trying to fix the incorrect version of the citation which follows the {Citation} Tag which when pasted did not show the square brackets surrounding the curly brackets when I pasted the work here. Please note the Blaschke, 2016 is correct and was done with Zotero 5.0.x.

Pasted from Word:

Conceptual Framework
    This study bases its conceptual framework on heutagogy as described by **** {Citation}(Hase Stewart & Kenyon Chris, 20090506). In a heutagogical framework, an adult determines the subject to research, the method and technologies used to explore the topic, and the timing frame for learning (Blaschke, 2016).

Debug ID:
    D1378441465

What I want to show is the Word Document portion as that is what seems to fail. Zotero seems to be working right.

• One additional comment. I tried it with/without auto-save on in MSWord. Also with/without review tracking enabled.
  • Does it work in a new document?