sync problem 2.0b7 id number 126991214

Hello,
I'm using an intel mac running 10.5.7 and 2.0b7 of zotero. I tried to sync, but got a missing item link error. I still have webdav syncing checked. I understand that there is a new zotero syncing I could try, but I'm not sure if there are potential problems with transitioning back and forth between the two methods.
I know syncing is a very difficult challenge, and I appreciate all your work to help us do it.
In Peace,
Sam
  • Are you still having trouble with 2.0b7.1? If so, please provide another Report ID.

Switching back and forth between "Zotero" and WebDAV" should generally be fine, though at the moment you might run into some conflict resolution windows for files changed while using the other service.
  • Hey I am in the same position - ie missing file errors on Webdav after updating to 2.0b7.1
    My report ID is 1882245011
    Thanks for any help
  • What's the exact error you're getting in the Zotero UI?
  • The error is "File not found for item 1890 after processing download in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()"
  • Hi,
    I tried it on a windows machine, running 2.07b.1 and got an error. Report id # 1441176361. I'll also try a mac here at work, and the mac I referenced at home this evening.
  • I should add, however, when I just checked my online library, it does have the one item I just added to my zotero library on the Windows machine. So, while I received the error message, it at least appeared to work.
    In Peace,
    Sam
  • Yes, your item data should still sync. This is a file sync problem only.

We're looking into this.
  • Okay,
    I tried upgrading to 2.0b7.1. I haven't tried switching from webdav. I'd like to get that working. Interestingly, zotero now thinks it has "not yet synced" this collection. So, I guess it's starting from scratch. Not surprisingly, it registered as having 435 conflicts. That dialogue box still confuses me. In addition to not having a "choose this option for all these conflicts" option, I'm not sure the effect of not choosing either version manually and just clicking "continue," which I did, 435 times. I would guess it keeps the one in red and discards the one in black, but the dialogue box didn't say that.
    In any case, I got an error message after the first of the continue clicks:
    Error:
    AttachmentPath cannot be set for link attachments.
    But the process continued through all 435 clicks, then I got another error:
    It said,
    "Error
    transaction in progress in zotero.sync.server._checkSyncUser"
    It's report id 412854023.
    Thanks,
    Sam
  • OK, we'll look into the attachmentPath error.

vpolito: Your error was from 2.0b7, not 2.0b7.1, which fixed that error. If you're still having trouble in 2.0b7.1, please start a new thread.
  • Sam: This probably isn't yet fixed in 2.0b7.2, available now, but if all of your data is on one side or another, you can use one of the Restore options in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs.

However, before you do that, if you're able to trigger the attachmentPath error without clicking through 435 conflicts, it'd be helpful if you could generate debug output for a sync attempt that triggers that error from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, submit the output to the server, and post the Debug ID here. (If you have to click through all the conflicts to get that error, don't worry about it.)
  • Thanks, Dan,
    I ran the sync again with the logging on and got the attachment error after only 2 conflict requests. It then started to try to sync something with a progress bar next to the green arrow which spins around. I clicked stop, and tried to upload the output to the server. I got an error message asking me to try again when I tried to upload the debug output (which ran to 140k lines!). I tried again but got the same error. In the debug output log towards the end I see a message which says "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 18708993 bytes) in /websites/zotero/public/include/db.mysql.inc.php on line 28
    ". Maybe that's the debug upload attempt error? I did save the debug output to a text file, but it is almost 18 mb so it's probably too big to email. I could send it to you through a link to my www.getdropbox.com if you want me to email you a link.
  • Sam: If you still have that debug output, you can e-mail a link to it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread. If not, we can probably still fix this without it.
  • Hi Dan,
    Sorry, I just saw your message from November today. I don't still have that debub output, but upgraded to the latest version (2.0b7.6) and tried to sync again. This time I got one conflict alert, chose the version the system guessed, and then an orange exclamation point appeared next to the sync arrow and the sync stopped. The message error was once again AttachmentPath cannot be set for link attachments. It was report #714292928.
    I don't know if it's better to re-post in an old comment thread like this or start a new message. If you want me to do the debug thing again, please let me know.
    Peace,
    Sam
  • Yes, a Debug ID for the sync attempt would still be helpful. Thanks.
  • Continued: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10783/
This discussion has been closed.