Feedback-Zotero for iOS

Hi all, I have been using the new iOS app and it works great.

I see some bugs and I get directed here when I click "feedback" in the Zotero app, so here I am.

I notice that the first time I save an entry on my phone, the tags don't get saved. I have to open the entry again, press edit and then select from the available tags.

Second, in Zotero for desktop I am able to search using the keywords I stored in a note with an entry. This doesn't work in the iOS app.

I hope developers take note of this.

Keep up the good work!
  • I notice that the first time I save an entry on my phone, the tags don't get saved.
    Save how? Are you using the Share button from the browser, or are you creating items manually?
    Second, in Zotero for desktop I am able to search using the keywords I stored in a note with an entry. This doesn't work in the iOS app.
    Not sure what you mean by "keywords".

See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of description we need with bug reports.
  • I use the Share button and then scroll to find the Zotero. Once I press that, the Zotero card comes up and I can select the collection where I want to save the entry. If I add tags at this stage, and then press "Save to Zotero," the tags don't show up. I have to go into the Zotero app and edit the entry to select the tags and save again for them to attach properly.

I meant any text that I have in the Notes attached to an entry. I can look up that text in the search box of the desktop app, but it doesn't work on the iOS app.
  • If I add tags at this stage, and then press "Save to Zotero," the tags don't show up.
    This is working for me. Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce, including everything you're loading, tapping on, looking at, etc.?
  • 1-I open the webpage in Safari.
    2-I press Share and select Zotero.
    3-I then see the name of the article and the list of my "collections." I select the collection where I want to save this article.
    I also select a few tags and press Save. I can now see the tags I selected.
    4-I then press "Save to Zotero"
    5-Then I go into the Zotero app. Here I can see the entry but there is no sign of the tags.
    6-To check further I then press "Edit" and scroll down the entry. The tags I saved earlier have disappeared.
    7-I proceed to save the tags again and this time it works.
  • I should also point out that in the Saving section under Settings I have deselected "Save Files" and "Save Automatic Tags."
    This is how I've setup the desktop app.
    Not sure if this is creating the problem outlined above.
    Thanks!
  • This should be fixed in 1.0.3, available now. Thanks for reporting!
  • It works :) Thanks a lot! You guys are amazing.