Annals of Neurology Style

I am looking for a style for Annals of Neurology, or a similar style -the journal terms it Index Medicus reference style http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/76507645/home/ForAuthors.html
  • edited September 13, 2009
    I am also requesting this style. The link above does give the correct information. I have included some more info which will hopefully help:

The Annals of Neurology style is most similar to Annals of Internal Medicine (which is available in the styles repository – (I also note the error in the volume:first_page-last_page in the existing Annals of Internal Medicine style).

This is how Annals of Internal Medicine marks a citation.(1)
    Annals of Neurology prefers a superscript number without brackets (which I can't replicate in the forum text editor)

Annals of Neurology (requested style)
    1. Ahn S, Riccio A, Ginty DD. Spatial consideration for stimulus-dependent transcription in neurons. Annu Rev Physiol 2000;62:803-823.

Annals of Internal Medicine (most similar)
    1. Ahn S, Riccio A, Ginty DD. Spatial considerations for stimulus-dependent transcription in neurons. Annu. Rev. Physiol. 2000 ;62803-823.

So the periods/fullstops in the journal name should be removed and the volume:first_page-last_page error needs to be corrected. I think that would do it.

Many thanks (in advance) for any help.

EDIT: I also note that the Annals of Internal Medicine style buts the publication month in some journal citations - eg:

Taylor BV, Wright RA, Harper CM, Dyck PJ. Natural history of 46 patients with multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block. Muscle Nerve. 2000 Jun ;23(6):900-8.

Which is not part of the Annals of Neurology style.

Thanks
  • That's actually the NLM style -
    thanks for catching the errors in that, I'll fix it ASAP - I'll also get rid of the space before the semicolon. This wasn't tested very well, apparently.

What I can do is:
    I can take out the month easily, and put in the superscript for the citation., will get to that very soon.
    I can't do anything about the Journal Abbreviations - Zotero just takes whatever is in the Journal Abbreviation field.
  • edited September 14, 2009
    Hey - the style should be up in the repository sometime soon.
    I've also corrected the NLM style significantly. It's not a very thoroughly done style and it would need more work to make it a good style, though. (E.g. for conference papers etc.)
  • Great. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks.
  • weird, doesn't appear - not sure why, there's lots of activity on SVN, maybe that's connected.
    Until then go here:
    http://gist.github.com/186941
    download using the Raw link at the top right and install by dragging to Zotero.
  • edited September 16, 2009
    Hey adamsmith, thanks for your work on the Annals of Neurology style. I have installed and tried it out, but I am still having a few problems:

1. The month still appears in some of my journal citations
    2. The 'multiple source' selection gives jumbled citations - ie 89 rather than 8,9

Apart from these two issues, the style looks great. Is it possible to fine tune a little??

Thanks again.
  • oops sorry, forgot to take care of those two.
    Done now.
    Style should update very soon (and automatically, I believe). If you're in a hurry, I've also updated the gist.github above
  • I've updated the style and it works perfectly. Awesome, thanks so much, I really appreciate it.